- PhD (NEIST, Jorhat, Dibrugarh University)
- MSc in Chemistry (Dibrugarh University)
- BSc (Major in Chemistry)
- Academics: 1 Year
- Research: More than 11 years (after PhD).
- About 10 years (Countries: Japan, Belgium, Canada, Portugal).
- Chemistry of Cement, Environmental Chemistry, CompositeMaterials, Clay Minerals, Solid Waste (especially Municipal SW): Characterization,Treatment &Utilization, Bio-Energy and Thermokinetics, Environmental Chemistry and Technology, Toxic Elements in Drinking Water and Industrial Discharges, Oxide materials.
- Materials for smart infrastructures, Geopolymer technology, Eco-cement, Energy technology (biomass conversion), Studies on technologically important oxide materials, Cement based advanced composite materials, Solutions to the local environmental and other issues (e.g. toxic constituents in water, solid waste management).
Career Highlights & Awards:
Teaching Experience:3 Years.
Specialities:Inorganic chemistry, Inorganic solid state (materials) chemistry and nano chemistry, Bio-inorganic and Organometallic chemistry, Chemical application of group theory, Environmental chemistry, Industrial chemistry, Green chemistry.
Courses taught at PG level:Conceptual inorganic chemistry (s and p block elements), Chemical bonding, Transition metal chemistry, Metal clusters, Supramolecular chemistry, Materials chemistry including nano materials, Environmental chemistry, Green chemistry, Industrial chemistry, Chemical applications of group theory, Nuclear chemistry, Bio-inorganic chemistry, Inorganic chemistry laboratory.
Courses taught at UG level:
- Inorganic chemistry
- Engineering chemistry
Supervision of student projects:
- M.Sc. : 7
- M. Tech. (Portugal+Japan): 2+6
- B. Tech. (on going): 1
- Merit Scholarship (Govt. of Assam) due to high position secured in HSLC Examination, Assam (1989).
- Visiting Researcher Award, Seikei University, Tokyo, Japan, 2003.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, KatholiekieUniversiteit, Leuven (KULeuven), Leuven, Belgium, 2006.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship under NSERC Discovery Research Grant, Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, Canada, 2008.
- FCT (Fundaçãopara a Ciência e a Tecnologia, Govt. of Portugal) Fellowship for Senior Researcher at IST-ICIST, 2009 (CIENCIA 2008, on global competition basis).
- BK21 (Brain Korea 21st Century) Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Ulsan, Ulsan, South Korea, 2009 (do not avail).