- PhD in Industrial Engineering & Management, IIT Kharagpur, 1989.
- MTech in Industrial Engineering & Management, IIT Kharagpur, 1978.
- BE in Mechanical Engineering, Jorhat Engineering College, 1970.
- Principal, Jorhat Engineering College, for 5 years
- Principal, Girijananda Chowdhury Institute Of Management And Technology, Guwahati for 4 years
- Principal, Girijananda Chowdhury Institute Of Management And Technology, Tezpur for 4 years
- Professor & HOD, Mechanical Engineering, Jorhat Engineering, Jorhat for 5 years
Career Highlights & Awards:
- Chairman of Selection Committee for joint Admission Test (JAT) for admission to Govt. Engineering Colleges of Assam in 2004, 2005, 2007
- Member of Board of Studies UG & PG, Jorhat Engineering College
- Member of AICTE accreditation team
- Court Member, Dibrugarh University
- Resource Person of Tezpur Central University
- Resource Person of Regional Research Laboratory (RRL) Jorhat
- Life Member (No.-LM8131) of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
Research Papers in Journals and Edited Books
- A Comparitive study of Heuristic General Assembly Line Balancing Technique- Asia Pacific Journal of Operational Research, 6(1989), 77-89
- A Critique of some current Assembly Line Banalcing Technique- Operations Management, Bibliographies & Review, VOl-14, No-2, 1988
- A Heuristic approach to General Assembly Line Balancing Technique- Operations & Production Management, Vol-8, No-6, 1988
- An Improved Method of General Assembly Line Breaking- Industrial Engineering Journal, Vol-XVI, No-12, December 1987