- Ph.D awarded in Biotechnology and Medical Engineering on the title “An investigation of self-assembled nanostructured protein-based therapeutic approaches in Breast cancer” in the year 2016 under the supervision of Prof. Subhankar Paul, at Department of Biotechnology and Medical Engineering, N.I.T, Rourkela-769008, Odisha. (22.07.2010- 15.01.2016)
- M.Pharm (Pharmacology) with C.G.P.A of 9.03 from Kanak Manjari Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Rourkela affiliated to Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT), Rourkela, Orissa, in the year 2008.
- Bachelor Degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Seemanta Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences affiliated to Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT), Rourkela, Orissa, with 72.09% in the year 2006.
- Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacy, School of Health Sciences, The Assam Kaziranga University, Koraikhowa, NH-37, Jorhat 785006, Assam, India.
- Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacology at Nirmala College of Pharmacy, Mangalgiri, Andhra Pradesh from 01. 06. 2019 to 30.10.2021.
- Assistant Professor Department of Pharmacology, A. M. Reddy Memorial College of Pharmacy, Narasaraopet, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh-522601 from 05.10.2015 to 31.05.2019
- 1.8-year experience (1st December 2008 – 9 th July 2010) as Research Associate at Biological Research Division, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra. The work profile involved routine in-vivo and in-vitro experiments involving Neuropathic Pain, Inflammatory Pain and Safety Studies in both male and female S.D. rats and mice (BABL6J). Various experiments with animal models of Parkinsonism, Schizophrenia and Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis (EAE) were also involved. Routine dosing, surgical procedures including Chronic constriction injury (CCI), Spinal Nerve Ligation (SNL), partial spinal nerve ligation (pSNL), blood collection for PD-PK correlation, Cerebrospinal fluid collection, Dissection of Brain, Spinal cord and dorsal root ganglion were also performed. In-vitro cell culture of cancer cells, Cell viability assays, Biocompatibility assay, SDS PAGE, Western Blotting, Fluorescence imaging of Cancer cells using fluorescence microscopy and conofocal microscopy, Chemiluminescence imaging, Cellular internalization of protein, metal and metal oxide nanoparticles and Protein Nanoparticles synthesis and characterization were performed during my Doctoral Program.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, Biological Research Division Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- A. M. Reddy Memorial College of Pharmacy, Narasaraopet, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh-522601
- Nirmala College of Pharmacy, Mangalagiri, Andhra Pradesh
- Nirmala Innovations and Incubation Centre (President:2019-2021)
Career Highlights & Awards:
- Recognized as Innovation Ambassador for the year 2020, by MOE, MHRD, Govt. of India
- President, Nirmala Innovations and Incubation Centre (2019-2021)
- Received a Short-Term Research Grant for the Research work titled “Artificial intelligence-based elucidation of mechanisms of Rifampicin Resistance” from Tuberculosis Association of India on 16.10.2019.
- Lifetime Member of Association of Pharmacy Professionals.
- Resource Person at ATAL FDP Programme: AICTE ATAL FDP PROGRAMME ON "NANO FURTHERANCE OF PHARMACEUTICAL ENGINEERING: AN INDUSTRIAL PERCEIVE" Department of Pharmacology, Nirmala College of Pharmacy, Mangalagiri, Andhra Pradesh 522503. Resource Person for the Session: Dr. Sailendra Kumar Mahanta. Link for the online event:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71eK4OEIiA4&t=4960s
- Medical App Designing using Open-Source Tools such as Glide:
Link for the App: https://swift-throne-3451.glideapp.io/
Workshop & Conferences Organized
- Discharged my duties as the Organizing Secretary for the International E-Conference on “Recent trends in Pharmaceutical Research” held on 28th and 29th October, 2021 at NIRMALA COLLEGE OF PHARMACY, Atmakur, Mangalagiri, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Discharged my duties as the Co-Convenor for the First National Conference titled “Current Trends and Future Scope of Clinical Research Industry” organized by A. M. Reddy Memorial College of Pharmacy, in association with STANSYS SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS & AXIS CLINICALS PRIVATE Ltd. on 02.02.2019 at A.M. Reddy Memorial College of Pharmacy, Narasaraopet, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh-522601.
- Discharged my duties as the Co-Convenor for the 3rd Indo-Gulf Conference titled “Recent breakthroughs in Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine” organized by A. M. Reddy Memorial College of Pharmacy, in association with ASSOCIATION OF PHARMACY PROFESSIONALS. on 05.08.2017 at A.M. Reddy Memorial College of Pharmacy, Narasaraopet, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh-522601.
- Discharged my duties as the Co-Convenor for the Science and Engineering Research Board, DST, Govt. India, sponsored two-day hands-on training workshop titled “In- silico design and discovery of drugs” on 19.11.2016 and 20.11.2016 at A.M. Reddy Memorial College Of Pharmacy, Narasaraopet, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh-522601.
Research Grants Received:
- Received Teachers Associateship for Research Excellence (TARE) Research Grant 2022 (TAR/2022/000255) from Science and Engineering Research Board, DST, Govt. India.
- Received DST-FIST- PROJECT (SR/FST/College/2021/1138), Level-0, TPN/70180/2021 as CoInvestigator titled "In-silico design and synthesis of novel anti-tubercular drugs against multi-drug resistant tuberculosis”; Status: Ongoing.
- Received a Short-Term Research Grant for the Research work titled “Artificial intelligencebased elucidation of mechanisms of Rifampicin Resistance” from Tuberculosis Association of India on 16.10.2019; Status: Completed.
Research Papers in Journals and Edited Books
- ORCID ID: 0000-0003-1254-2264
- SCOPUS ID: 5586578000
- RESEARCHER ID: U-8237-2019
- VIDWAN ID: 168744
- LOOP ID: 1634038
- M. S. Babu., S. Mahanta, A. J. Lakhter, T. Hato, S.Paul, and Naidu, S. R.Lapachol inhibits glycolysis in cancer cells by targeting pyruvate kinase M2. PloS One, 2018, 13(2), 1-15. (Impact Factor: 3.752)(https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0191419)
- Mahanta, S. Prathap, D. K.Ban, & S.Paul, (2017). Protein functionalization of ZnO nanostructure exhibits selective and enhanced toxicity to breast cancer cells through oxidative stress-based cell death mechanism. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology, 2017, (173), 376-388. (Impact Factor: 6.814) (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jphotobiol.2017.06.015)
- Mahanta , S. Paul. Stable self-assembly of bovine α-lactalbumin exhibits target specific anti-proliferative activity in multiple cancer cells. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2015, 7(51), 28177-28187. (Impact Factor: 10.38) (https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.5b06076)
- Mahanta , S. Paul. Bovine α-lactalbumin functionalized graphene oxide nano-sheet exhibits enhanced biocompatibility: A rational strategy for graphene-based targeted cancer therapy. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2015, (134), 178-187. (Impact Factor: 5.268) (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colsurfb.2015.06.061)
- Mahanta, S. Paul, A. Srivastava, A. Pastor, B. Kundu, T. K. Chaudhuri, Stable self- assembled nanostructured hen egg white lysozyme exhibits strong anti-proliferative activity against Breast cancer cells, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2015, (130), 237- 245. (Impact Factor: 5.268)(https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colsurfb.2015.04.017)
- Tripathy, R. K.; Mahanta, S.; Paul, S., Artificial intelligence-based classification of Breast cancer using cellular images. RSC Advances, 2014, 4, (18),9349-9355. (Impact Factor: 4.036) (https://doi.org/10.1039/C3RA47489E)
- Paul, ; Mahanta, S., Association of heat-shock proteins in various neuro- degenerative disorders: is it a master key to open the therapeutic door? Mol Cell Biochem 2014, 386, (1-2),45-61. (Impact Factor: 3.396) (https://doi.org/10.1007/s11010-013-1844-y)
- Gupta, U. K.; Mahanta, S.; Paul, S., In silico design of small peptide- based Hsp90 inhibitor: a novel anticancer Med Hypotheses, 2013, 81, (5), 853-61. (Impact Factor:4.41)(https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mehy.2013.08.006)
- Mahanta, S.; Pilla, S.; Paul, S., Design of novel Geldanamycin analogue hsp90 alpha-inhibitor in silico for Breast cancer therapy. Med Hypotheses 2013, 81, (3),463-9. (Impact Factor:4.41)(https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mehy.2013.06.012)
- Pamidimukkala, B. S., P. Rajendra, N. Ramesh, V. Ramataraknath, A. Sudhakar, M. Sailendra Kumar, K. Solomon Raju, P. Anurag and P.V. Raghava Sarma. Abstracts for the 10th World Stroke Congress, 2016. International Journal of Stroke 2016, (11), 4-288.
- S Paul and S Mahanta, "Preparation and Characterization of Self- Assembled Graphene Oxide Supramolecular Structures," Journal of Medical and Bioengineering 2015, (4), 480-483.
- Case Report On Therapy Related Myelodysplastic Syndrome-Eb2, Meghana Lakshmi, T.Vineela , T.Anusha S.Balaiah , Sailendra Mahanta,Int J Life Sci Pharma Res. 2019, Sp-10;P 453-456.
- Thota Sai Sravanthi, Srinivasula Navya Prasanna, Sriramula Navya Sri, Vinila thumma, Telagathoti Anusha, Meghana Sai Naga Lakshmi, Sailendra Kumar Mahanta, Biosensors and its Medical Applications, International Journal of Life sciences and Pharma Research, SP06,:2020,39-43.
- Sailendra Kumar Mahanta and Bhavani Peddinti, Mechanisms Of Rifampicin Resistance In Mycobacterium Tuberculosis, International Journal of Life sciences and Pharma Research, SP08,:2020,49-53.
- Anusha, T. Vineela, B. Meghanalakshmi, S.Balaiah and Sailendra Kumar Mahanta, A Clinical Case Report On Therapy Related Gullian Barre Syndrome-Stage-IV , International Journal of Life sciences andPharma Research, SP11,:2020,63-66.
- Yaseswi Namala, Zakira Begum, Vyduryam Kommuri and Sailendra Kumar Mahanta, Recent Treatment Approaches For Malaria, International Journal of Life sciences and Pharma Research, SP49,2020,262-265.
- Sailendra Kumar Mahanta, N. Doondi Phani Kumar, D. Srehitha, P. Lakshmi Sirisha,Smokeless Tobacco and Stroke, International Journal of Life sciences and Pharma Research, SP57, 2020, 305-310.
- Meghana Lakshmi, T. Vineela, T. Anusha, S. Balaiah and Sailendra Kumar Mahanta, International Journal of Life sciences and Pharma Research, SP86, 2020, 453-456.
- Kolluri Roopa, Syed Khudsiya Sultana, Sailendra Kumar Mahanta, Recent Advances In Dengue Treatment And Management, International Journal of Life sciences and Pharma Research, SP87,:2020,457-463.
- Mahanta S.K., Sharma H.K. (2022) Recent Advances in the Development of Synthetic Pro-oxidants: Implications for ROS based Cancer Therapeutics. In: Chakraborti S. (eds) Handbook of Oxidative Stress in Cancer: Therapeutic Aspects. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-1247-3_210-1
- Mahanta K., Challa S.R. (2022) Phytochemicals as Pro-oxidants in Cancer. In: Chakraborti S. (eds) Handbook of Oxidative Stress in Cancer: Therapeutic Aspects. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-1247-3_209-1
- Sailendra Kumar Mahanta, A Book Chapter on “Recent advances in malaria vaccine development” in Drug Development for Malaria. Novel Approaches for Prevention and Treatment, 2022 (Wiley-VCH Publications) https://doi.org/10.1002/9783527830589.ch13
- Mahanta, S.K., Arakha, M. (2022). Nanosystems for Cancer Therapy. In: Arakha, M., Pradhan, K., Jha, (eds) Bio-Nano Interface. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-2516-9_8
- Sahoo, , Rath, S.K., Mahanta, S.K., Arakha, M. (2022). Nanotechnology Mediated Detection and Control of Phytopathogens. In: Arakha, M., Pradhan, A.K., Jha, S. (eds) Bio- Nano Interface. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-2516-9_7