- Post-Doc at Institute of Geodesy and Cartography, Warsaw, Poland (2019-2020)
- PhD 2017 Tezpur University, India
- Research Associate -III, National Centre for Geodesy, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (2021-2022)
- Post-Doctoral fellow, Institute of Geodesy and Cartography, Warsaw, Poland (2019-2020)
- Assistant Professor, National Institute of Technology (NIT) Nagaland (2017-2018)
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Physics, Tezpur University (January, 2014- June, 2014)
- National Centre for Geodesy, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur as Research Associate-III in the project National Centre of Excellence in Geodesy.
- Institute of Geodesy and Cartography, Warsaw, Poland as Post-doctoral fellow in the project Combining GRACE-type mission and GNSS CORS network data for the determination of temporal mass variations in the Earth system on local/regional scale.
- National Institute of Technology Nagaland as Assistant Professor
Career Highlights & Awards:
- Polish National Science Center (NCN) SONATA 13 project Post Doctoral position in 2018.
Research Papers in Journals and Edited Books
JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS (Peer reviewed)
- Ray J.D., Vijayan, M.S.M., Godah W (2021). Seasonal Horizontal Deformations Obtained Using GPS and GRACE Data: Case Study of North-East India and Nepal Himalaya. Acta Geodaetica et Geophysica 56.1 (2021): 61-76.
- Godah W., Ray J D., Szelachowska M., Krynski J. (2020). The use of national GNSS CORS networks for the determination of temporal mass variations within the Earth’s system as well as for improving GRACE/GRACE-FO solutions a case ‒ a case study of Poland. Remote Sensing, 12, 3359.
- Godah W., Szelachowska M., Krynski J., Ray J D. (2020). Assessment of temporal variations of orthometric/normal heights induced by hydrological mass variations over large river basins using GRACE mission data. Remote Sensing, 12(18), 3070.
- Godah W., Szelachowska M., Ray J D., Krynski J. (2020). Comparison of vertical deformations of the Earth’s surface obtained using GRACE-based GGMs and GNSS data – A case study of South-Eastern Poland. Acta Geodynamica et Geomaterialia, 17(2), 169-176.
- Ray J.D., Vijayan, M.S.M., Godah, W., Kumar, A. (2019). Investigation of background noise in the GNSS position time series using spectral analysis – A case study of Nepal Himalaya. Geodesy and Cartography, 68 (2),375–388.
- Ray J.D., Vijayan, M.S.M., Kumar, A. (2019). Noise characteristics of GPS time series and its influence on velocity uncertainties. Journal of Earth System Science, 128: 146.
- Barman, P., Jade, S., Shrungeshwara, T. S., Kumar, A., Bhattacharyya, S., Ray, J. D., & Jamir, W. M. (2017). Crustal deformation rates in Assam Valley, Shillong Plateau, Eastern Himalaya, and Indo-Burmese region from 11 years (2002–2013) of GPS measurements. International Journal of Earth Sciences, 106(6), 2025- 2038.
- Barman, P., Ray, J. D., Kumar, A., Chowdhury, J. D., & Mahanta, K. (2016). Estimation of present-day inter-seismic deformation in Kopili fault zone of northeast India using GPS measurements. Geomatics, Natural Hazards and Risk, 7(2), 586-599.
- Ray, J.D., Godah, W., Devaraju, B., Vijayan, M.S.M. Investigating the sources of surface mass loading signals in coastal GNSS permanent stations. European Geosciences union (EGU) General Assembly 2022, EGU22-8682 (Virtul Presentation).
- Ray, J.D., Devaraju B., Vijayan, M.S.M., Godah, W. Geodetic monitoring of the hydrological changes in Nepal Himalaya. IAG-ICCC workshop on “Geodesy for Climate Research” March 29-31, 2021 (Virtual Presentation).
- Godah W., Szelachowska M., Ray J.D., Krynski J., (2019): Comparison of vertical displacements obtained using GRACE data and GNSS data over Poland, 20th Workshop on Recent Geodynamics of Central Europe and the 2nd Symposium of the Committee on Geodesy Polish Academy of Sciences, 24–26 October, Jakuszyce, Poland.
- Godah W., Szelachowska M., Ray J.D., Krynski J (2019): A model of temporal mass variations within the Earth system developed using GRACE and GNSS data, The 27th IUGG General Assembly, Montréal, Canada, 8–18 July, 2019.
- Godah W.,Szelachowska M., Ray J.D., Krynski J., (2019): On the determination of vertical displacements using GRACE and GNSS data – A case study of Poland, ESA Living Planet Symposium, 13–17 May 2019, Milan, Italy.
- Ray, J.D., Vijayan M.S.M., Kumar, A. Time Correlated noise in GPS Position time series: Effect on Velocity Estimation. National Seminar on Geo-Informatics Applications in Rural Development, January 7-8 January 2016, Centre on GeoInformatics Applications in Rural Development (C-GARD), Guwahati, Assam, India.
- European Geosciences Union (EGU)