Event Name: Entrepreneurial Skill Presentation Competition & Cultural Programme
Event Date: 12th November 2022 (Saturday)
Event Location: SET Seminar Hall & SOB Auditorium
Organized By: School of Business, The Assam Kaziranga University
- The event titled “Entrepreneurial Skill Presentation Competition“ is the succeeding event to the KU Business Fests organised in the month of August and October. The event has been organised by the School of Business and included participants from the undergraduate students specifically. The participants include those who had registered stalls in the previous business fests.
- The event was inaugurated with the lighting of the lamp by Dr. Veera Talukdar respected Registrar of The Assam Kaziranga University, Dr. Manvinder Singh Pahwa, Dean School of Business along with the Deans and Members from various Schools in the University. The event included Dr. Ratan Saha, Dean of School of Computing Sciences, Dr. M.K. Loganathan, Professor, Associate Dean (Post Graduate) & HOD(ME) and Professor Sushanta Kumar Nandi, HOD Department of Commerce as the judges for the competition. A total of 11 groups participated in the event who were given a total of 7 minutes to present followed by 3 minutes of questioning by the judges. The winners of the event are-
- First Prize – Bijya Medhi and Team (BBA III)
- Second Prize – Team Sastabucks (BBA I)
- Consolation Prize 1 – Team High Jinks (BCom I)
- Consolation Prize 2 – Team Chaat-Kaz (BBA I)
- The main purpose of organising the event has been to encourage the students towards entrepreneurship skill development. As they had successfully managed their stalls in the business fests, this competition gave them an opportunity to showcase the financial plan, accounting methods, marketing strategies, supply chain management and the negotiating elements put forward in the process. The students have learnt the process of managing their businesses in accounts during this endeavour. The competition has allows the students in team building and time management practices. The competition was followed by a cultural programme where the prize distribution ceremony took place. The second Newsletter for the School of Business “The Business Yard” was inaugurated by Dr. Veera Talukdar, Registrar of The Assam Kaziranga University, Dr. Manvinder Singh Pahwa, Dean School of Business along with Professor Pulak Bora, Editor of the Business Yard. The students from MBA, BBA and B.Com actively participated in various cultural programmes.
- The event has been organised by the School of Business, The Assam Kaziranga University. Organising Members from School of Business include- Dr. Manvinder Singh Pahwa, Dean School of Business, Dr. Dorothy Dutta (Coordinator of Business Fest competition), Mayuri Boruah (Student Coordinator), Sydney Laishram (Student Coordinator) and Snikta Sil (Administration).